Between hungry kids and busy schedules, I’m always looking for an easy summertime lunch. This sweet, creamy chicken salad is not only tasty, but it’s also a cinch to throw together.
There are a few extra touches in this recipe that make it a Next Level Chicken Salad. First, we’ve added toasted almonds (Yum!) and the dressing is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Mix up the dressing, toss in the grapes, green onions, celery, and dill, along with your cooked chicken, and you’ve got an easy, peasy, lemon squeeze-y (literally, it includes lemon juice) summertime lunch.
- 3½ cups cooked chicken, diced (5 small chicken breasts)
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 cups grapes, red or green, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- ¾ cup Mayo
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° and spread ¾ cup sliced almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes to toast. Set aside to cool.
- While the almonds are toasting, lightly salt and pepper the chicken and brown in a skillet until cooked through. Set on a cutting board to cool.
- Start the dressing by mixing together the Mayo, light sour cream, sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Next, begin halving the grapes and chopping the green onions, celery and dill. Toss each into the large bowl with the dressing.
- Once the chicken is cooled, dice into small pieces and add to the above mixture. Add in the cooled, toasted almonds, stir and enjoy!