Ain’t no cookie like a monster cookie, cuz a monster cookie don’t stop.
Why yes, I did just change “west coast party” to “monster cookie” in the lyrics to my third-favorite Coolio song. (after Fantastic Voyage and Gangsta’s Paradise, naturally.) And I think Coolio would approve. Dude’s a minister now (What the WHAT!?) so he’s probably spending more time munchin’ cookies than attending west coast parties, anyway.
Back to the monster cookies. Yes, there are like a gajillion monster cookie recipes out there, and, yes, you may already have one in your recipe rolodex. But, I promise you, with a couple of tweaks, your monster cookies could be Next Level. Like sold-out-in-minutes-at-the-bake-sale good. You might even be able to bribe Coolio to officiate your wedding with a couple dozen of these bad boys. Not saying it’s going to happen, but I believe it’s possible.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn syrup or honey
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4½ cups quick oats
- 4 oz. mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. M & M's
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugars, corn syrup or honey, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix until well incorporated. Add in vanilla and blend well.
- Add baking soda and quick oats.
- Fold in M&M's and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber scraper.
- Portion onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn a light brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.